Commonwealth Cancer Association partnered with Hard Rock Cafe Saipan. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
The Commonwealth Cancer Association(CCA) in partnership with Hard Rock Cafe, Saipan. Pinktober was a huge success to all the supporters: Delta Airlines, MARPAC, Century Tours, IT&E, DFS Galleria Saipan, Hard Rock Cafe Saipan, Micronesian Brokers, Inc., PacificTrading Company, Aqua Resort, Marianas Resort & Spa, DOCOMO Pacific, Hyatt Regency Saipan, pacific Islands Club, Modern Stationary, The SHACK, Oleai Beach Bar & Grill, Xerox Corporation, Marianas Variety and Tan Holdings. The event was also highlighted with entertainment featuring parker Yobei, Jerry, Jan & the Flow Band, Marvin & Patz, Badjhoe & Sugar Rush, Alfred Saures & Raymon Peter, Walden & Violy, and Josh Castro. Thank you.
CCA would also like to thank the following individuals that helped sell tickets, to those who bought tickets and our volunteers for the event. Nora Mae R. Sablan, David B. Rosario, Lauri B. Ogumoro, Bo T. Palacios, Elaine Terlaje, Tom B. Basa, Kimberly Sablan, Glenn P. Reyes, Catherine Attao-Tovess, Anicia Tomokane, Reina Bermudes, LupeCepeda, Gus Kaipat, Frances Dela Cruz, Evonne Cabrera, Dr. Ignacia Demapan, Andrew Morishige, Cleo Nening, Kodep Uludong, Tina M. Aldan, GEne Delanza, Krizia Mendoza, Linda S. Babauta, Peter Diaz, Carlyn DLG Hofschneider, Emanuel P. Borja, Dora Miura, and Tona M. Tudela. Thank you.
Commonwealth Cancer Association partnered with Joeten Enterprises, Inc. Celebrity Bagging.
The Commonwealth Cancer Association (CCA) in Partnership with Joeten Enterprises, Inc., is pleased to announce that the cellebrity bagging held on Saturday, October 19, 2013 was a success. Lt. Governor Jude Hofschneider, Senator Joaquin H. Borja, Representative Felicidad Ogumoro, Representative Edmund Villagomez, Representative Lorenzo I. Deleon Guerrero, Representative Christopher Guerrero, CCA President David B. Rosario, DPS Commissioner Guerrero, Delta AirLines Representative Christopher A. Concepcion, and CCA staff were at the Joeten Susupe, Garapan, Dandan and to raise awareness about breast cancer.
CCA thanks the Joeten Enterprisses, Inc. the management and staff for their partnership in getting the word out to the community through Celebrity Bagging event, and for sponsoring the event to raise awareness against breast cancer. This is one of the event to reaffirm our commitment to education and raise awareness and opportunities to distribute facts sheets about breast cancer and CCA programs and services.
Christmas in the Marianas
Every Saturday in December at the Paseo De Marianas
12/7 (Saturday) 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
*Food and Drink Vendors
5:30 pm Saipan Awaodori Team
6:00 pm Introduction of Judges
6:05 pm Christmas Light - up Countdown Let's Tie a Ribbon
7 - 9:00 pm Christmas Entertainment
12/14 (Saturday) 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
* Christmas Carolig Contest
* Food & Drink Vendors
12/21 (Saturday) 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
MWA 5km Christmas Health Walk
(Registration Start 4:30 pm at Paseo De Marianas)
Christmas Costume & Float Competition
Awards Ceremony of Christmas tree decoration contest
Food & Drink Vendors
12/22 Sunday- 12/23 Monday
Pre - Christmas Special Entertainers
Food and Drink Vendors
Saipan Awaodori Team
Food and Drink vendors
12/27 Friday, 12/29 Sunday, 12/30
Welcome to New Year Entertainment
Food and Drink Vendors
Great Thanks, Olomwaay and Si Yu'us Ma'ase to our Title Sponsors: Bank of Guam, Delta Air Lines, DFS Saipan, Limited, IP&E, IT&E, Joeten Charitable Foundation, Marianas Variety, Saipan Apparel, Sorensen Media Group, Take Care / FHP for your unending support.
The Commonwealth Cancer Association board of directors, President David B. Rosario, Vice President Lauri B. Ogumoro, Treasurer Maggie Camacho, Secretary Roman "Bo" Palacios, Member Jocelyn Songsong, Member Vivian Taitano, Member Bobbi Grizzard, Senior Advisor Dr. Jack Hardy, and Legal Advisor Nancy Gottfried. The board would like to express their gratitude and heartfelt appreciation to the many individuals, organizations, families, partners,and sponsors who helped make success. For over a decade. The MMAC has been CCA's signature annual fundraising event. This year's event ,marked the 11th year of hard work, commitment, and teamwork of many dedicated volunteers that have made CCA's services and programs successful in our community. the event was held on April 26-27, 2013, at Hopwood Jr. High School Field.
The CCA board thanks and recognizes the following:
MMAC Executive Committee Officers: Emmanuel P. Borja( Overall chairperson); Rachel Roque (Overall vice-chairperson); David B. Rosario(Senior Advisor); Catherine Attao-Toves & Betty Kosam( Team Recruitment) LaReina Camacho(Sponsorship); Atdao Rosario & Manny Borja( Accounting); Christopher A. Concepcion (Public Relations); Jenypy Sambile & Krizia Mendoza (Luminary); Janine Nogis & Ricky Itibus (T-Shirts); Vinycia Seman (Site/Logistics), Luis John "LJ" Castro ( Entertainment); Nola Hix & Bo palacios (Survivors); Patricia Kaipat (MMAC Shop); Juan L. Babauta (CCA Liason)
Title Sponsors:Bank Of Guam; Delta Air Lines; DFS Galleria Saipan, Ltd.; IP&E; IT&E; Joeten Charitable Foundation; Marianas Variety; Saipan Apparel; Sorenson Media Saipan; Take Care/ FHP
Major Sponsors: Xerox Corporation;PHI Pharmacy; Hopwood Jr. High School; Marianas Health Services, LLC;McDonald's of Saipan; Traders Insurance Co.; Brabu Pharmacy; Triple J Five Star Wholesale Foods; Docomo Pacific; Hyatt Regency Saipan; Images Saipn, Ltd.; Saipan Mayor's Office; St. Michaels Medical Response
Supporting Sponsors: Marianas Resort & Spa; Ledge Light Technologies, Inc.; MP Kennels/ Team Exotic; RR & Associates
Teams and Captains: Joeeten Charitable Foundation/ Marianas High School( Somia T. Quan/ Gretchen Decker); Team Bodig (Bridgette DLG Camacho); Aschoscho ( Alfreda Odoshi); Knoghts Mount Carmel School (Jimin Ryu); #FREEDAVE( Robert TRavilla); Talaabwogh StaR (Vinny F. Sablan); Team Rog( Jennie Igisomar); IT&E / Saipan Southern High (Shirly Dotts/Jean Ballesteros/Arisa Sakai); marriage Encounter (Jaimie /JJ Laniyo); Pacific Islands Club (Evan Hunsburger); Take Care /FHP-Grace Christian Academy (Elsa Duenas/ Beth Ann Nunez); Tan Holding/ kagman High School (Maggie Sablan/Becky Tenorio & Eric Magofna); Korason (Robert T. Torres/ Diego T. Benavente); Department of Homelan Security (SEan White, Ron Muna, Dora Topasna, Raymond Salas)
CNMI Government Supporters: Gov. Eloy Inos; Lt. Gov. Jude U. Hofschneider; Office of Sen. Ray N. Yumul; Office of Rep. Antonio Agulto; Office of Rep. Edmund Villagomez, Office of Rep. George N. Camacho; Office of Rep. Richard B. Seman; Office of Rep. Ralph Yumul; Office of Rep. John Paul Sablan; Saipan Mayor Donald T. Flopres; Commonwealth Healthcare Corp.; Division of Public Health; Commonwealth Ports Authority Police K9 Unit; Commonwealth Utilities Corporation Power Division; Department of Public Safety Fire and Traffic Divisions; CPA Ports Police Officer Jesse Castro & K9 Lobster; CPA Police Officer Mark Toves & K9 Mandy; Dep[ertment of Public Works; Division of Parks and Recreation; Division of Sports and Recreation; Staff of the Office of the Governor and Lt. Governor; Marianas Visitors Authority; and other government agencies
Numerous other supporters, volunteers & donors: All cancer survivors; Diocese of Chalan kanoa; Fr. Ryan jimenez, Apostolic Administrator; Ben M. Babauta and Family; Ashey Benavente; Diana Benevente; Dave "Davy G" Guerrero; Ledge Light Technology, Inc. Dora Borja Miura, Dr. Jack Hardy, Maggie DLG Wonenburge; Elvira M. Mesngon; Angel D. Demapan ; Ericco Enterprises; Fausia Dela Cruz; Formost Foods; Gold's Gym Zumba Class; Grace Christian Academy Students; JHJ Corp.; Joselito Lazaro; Kagman High School Student Organization, Maggie Naputi & the Go-For-Broke band; marianas High School Pep Band; Poksai Chamorro Club, and Reggae Band; Marianas Pacific Distributers, Inc. (MARPAC); Mestisu Palooza; Nora Sablan; Normita Calbabag; Northern Marianas Island Football Association; Parker Yobei; Phillip Canuto; RainbowDancers; Saipan Southern High School; manta Rey Band; Sarah Klockowski; Subway; Sumech San Nicholas; Taga Riders, Inc.
"All the services provided by the Commonwealth Cander Association, such as the $500 direct patient assistance, awareness, education and prevention programs are funded by the annual marianas March Against Cancer, board president Rosario said. " The sea of supporters from our community and generous individuals who contribute their time and resources to MMAC, many of whom have willingly and graciously participated year after year have made our programs successful through out the years. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Client Assistance Policy:
A. Privacy. It is the Policyof the Commonwealth Cancer Association to keep confidential all information obtained in the course of providing services to clients. Confidential information maintained in the Association's records is confidential am\nd shall not be shared with those not employed by the Commonwealth Cancr Association unless access is permitted by the clients or an individual having legal standing to make decisions for the client, e.g., parent(s), guardians.
B. Client Assistance Program. The client assistance program offers up to Five Hundred Dollars($500.00) per year for eligible clients.
1. Eligibility. Eligibility for the client assistance program is not limited to those persons (1)who are residing in the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands and (2)who are receiving treatment for cancer. The client assistance program is not available to persons in remission and who are not actively recieving treatment or to persons who ar not present in the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands.
2. Application. In order to be eligible for client assistance funds, the client must be registered with the Association by virtue of the " Request for Client Assistance" form (see appendix) which includes the date of request, name of client, type of assistance requested, name of the requestor,and a signature line for the program manager. A prescription provided by a qualified physician shall be attached to the "Request for Client Assistance."
3. Prescription Required. A prescription from a physician licensed and practicing in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands is required for each item requested to be funded by the Client Assistance Program.
4. Use of Funds.
- a.Client assistance fund may be used for nutritional therapeutic, or medical supplies, including but not limited to wigs, nutritional supplements, oxygen supplies, colostomy bags, and short term rental of medical equipment.
- b. Only patients actively undergoing cancer therapy may use client assistance funds for fres, frozen or canned fruits and vegetables and fresh milk.
5. Prohibited Use of Funds:
- a. Clientassistance funds may not be used palliative medication such as oxycodone, morphine and othersas prescribed by a licensed physician except for persons with cancer who are medically determined to be at end of life.
- b. Client assistance funds may not be used for the pruchase of over-the-counter vitamins or general nutritional products; provided, however, the Associatio may consider, on a case-by-case basis, any recommendation received from an attending physician for such products.
6. Vouchers: Upon approval by the Association, vouchers will be provided based on approved prescriptions for supplies from approved vendors or purchase online for delivery directly to the client.
- a. Clients assistance fund will be monitored to be assure comliance with these policies. Practicing physicians in the Commonwealth will be made aware of the requirements for support by the Association, includig the restrictions and yearly dollar limit.
- b. The use of client assistance funds will be assessed for compliance with these policies and continued assistance from the Association will require certification of such compliance.
8. Duties of Program Manager. The Association's program manager shall provide a copy of the application to the client and shall retain the original application in the client's file. The program manager shall regularly update the ledger of assistance and each client's file.
The Association's program manager will notify the client when the $500.00 annual limit has been reached. The client may begin receiving financial assistance again at the beginning of his/her new benefit year by submitting an update prescription or other request letter from the attending physician.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Cervical Cancer Awareness Month
- 01/17/2013 Cancer Survivor/Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- 01/24/2013 Annual General Membershp Meeting
- 02/21/2013 Cancer Survivors/ Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- Cancer Awareness Month
- Nutrition Awareness Month
- 03/21/13 Cancer survivor/Caregiver Support Group Meeting
- 04/06/2013 KICK BUTTS DAY!
- 04/26-27/2013 Marianas March Against Cancer
- National Cancer Control Month
- 04/18/13 Cancer Survivors/ Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- Cancer Awareness Week (20th- 26th)
- Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month
- 05/18/2013 SOPHIA WALK
- Melanoma Monday
- 05/23/2013 Cancer Survivors/Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- Cancer Survivor's Day (1st Sunday of June)
- Men's Health/Cancer Awareness
- 06/20/2013 Cancer Survivors/Caregiviers Support Group Meeting
- National Men's Health (20th - 26th)
- Ultraviolet Safety Month
- 07/18/13 Cancer Survivors/Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- 08/15/13 Cancer Survivors/Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- Great American Eat Right Challenge(14th)
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Awareness Month
- 09/19/2013 Cancer Survivors/ Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- 10/17/2013 Cancer Survivors/ Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- national Mammography Day (17th)
- Brain Tumor Awareness Week (12th - 18th)
- Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- Great Marianas Smoke Out
- Pancreatic Cancr Awareness Month
- 110/21/2013 Cancer Survivors/ Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- World Aids Day
- 12/19/2013 Cancr Survivors/Cargivers Support Group Meeting
<< Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
Page 1 of 2