"RAINBOW OF HOPE"
May 20, 2013 - Monday 1:30 pm Proclamation Signing Governor's Main Conference Room
9:30 am Power 99 Live Interview
May 21, 2013 - Tuesday 7:00 am KKMP Live Interview
4:00 pm Health Walk Fishing Base Complex
May 22, 2013 - Wednesday 9:00 am Educational Outreach at Garapan Elementary Schoo, Cafeteria
May 23, 2013 - Thursday 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm Cancer Survivors Support Group Meeting, Hyatt Regency Saipan- Chamolinian
May 24, 2013 - Friday 6:00 pm Healing Mass - Kristo Rai Church
May 28, 2013 - Tuesday 7:00 am KKMP Live Interiew
9:00 am Power 99 Live Interview
May 29, 2013 - Wednesday 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Educational Outreach at Tanapag Elementary School Cafeteria
May 30, 2013 - Thursday 8:30 am - 9:30 am Educational Outreach at Oleai Elementary School Cafeteria
June 1, 2013 - Saturday 4:00 pm Island Wide Rainbow Ribbon Tying
June 2, 2013 - Sunday 9:30 am National Cancer Survivors Day Celebration of Life Mass, Kristo Rai Church
Client Assistance Policy:
A. Privacy. It is the Policyof the Commonwealth Cancer Association to keep confidential all information obtained in the course of providing services to clients. Confidential information maintained in the Association's records is confidential am\nd shall not be shared with those not employed by the Commonwealth Cancr Association unless access is permitted by the clients or an individual having legal standing to make decisions for the client, e.g., parent(s), guardians.
B. Client Assistance Program. The client assistance program offers up to Five Hundred Dollars($500.00) per year for eligible clients.
1. Eligibility. Eligibility for the client assistance program is not limited to those persons (1)who are residing in the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands and (2)who are receiving treatment for cancer. The client assistance program is not available to persons in remission and who are not actively recieving treatment or to persons who ar not present in the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands.
2. Application. In order to be eligible for client assistance funds, the client must be registered with the Association by virtue of the " Request for Client Assistance" form (see appendix) which includes the date of request, name of client, type of assistance requested, name of the requestor,and a signature line for the program manager. A prescription provided by a qualified physician shall be attached to the "Request for Client Assistance."
3. Prescription Required. A prescription from a physician licensed and practicing in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands is required for each item requested to be funded by the Client Assistance Program.
4. Use of Funds.
- a.Client assistance fund may be used for nutritional therapeutic, or medical supplies, including but not limited to wigs, nutritional supplements, oxygen supplies, colostomy bags, and short term rental of medical equipment.
- b. Only patients actively undergoing cancer therapy may use client assistance funds for fres, frozen or canned fruits and vegetables and fresh milk.
5. Prohibited Use of Funds:
- a. Clientassistance funds may not be used palliative medication such as oxycodone, morphine and othersas prescribed by a licensed physician except for persons with cancer who are medically determined to be at end of life.
- b. Client assistance funds may not be used for the pruchase of over-the-counter vitamins or general nutritional products; provided, however, the Associatio may consider, on a case-by-case basis, any recommendation received from an attending physician for such products.
6. Vouchers: Upon approval by the Association, vouchers will be provided based on approved prescriptions for supplies from approved vendors or purchase online for delivery directly to the client.
- a. Clients assistance fund will be monitored to be assure comliance with these policies. Practicing physicians in the Commonwealth will be made aware of the requirements for support by the Association, includig the restrictions and yearly dollar limit.
- b. The use of client assistance funds will be assessed for compliance with these policies and continued assistance from the Association will require certification of such compliance.
8. Duties of Program Manager. The Association's program manager shall provide a copy of the application to the client and shall retain the original application in the client's file. The program manager shall regularly update the ledger of assistance and each client's file.
The Association's program manager will notify the client when the $500.00 annual limit has been reached. The client may begin receiving financial assistance again at the beginning of his/her new benefit year by submitting an update prescription or other request letter from the attending physician.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Cervical Cancer Awareness Month
- 01/17/2013 Cancer Survivor/Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- 01/24/2013 Annual General Membershp Meeting
- 02/21/2013 Cancer Survivors/ Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- Cancer Awareness Month
- Nutrition Awareness Month
- 03/21/13 Cancer survivor/Caregiver Support Group Meeting
- 04/06/2013 KICK BUTTS DAY!
- 04/26-27/2013 Marianas March Against Cancer
- National Cancer Control Month
- 04/18/13 Cancer Survivors/ Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- Cancer Awareness Week (20th- 26th)
- Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month
- 05/18/2013 SOPHIA WALK
- Melanoma Monday
- 05/23/2013 Cancer Survivors/Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- Cancer Survivor's Day (1st Sunday of June)
- Men's Health/Cancer Awareness
- 06/20/2013 Cancer Survivors/Caregiviers Support Group Meeting
- National Men's Health (20th - 26th)
- Ultraviolet Safety Month
- 07/18/13 Cancer Survivors/Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- 08/15/13 Cancer Survivors/Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- Great American Eat Right Challenge(14th)
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Awareness Month
- 09/19/2013 Cancer Survivors/ Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- 10/17/2013 Cancer Survivors/ Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- national Mammography Day (17th)
- Brain Tumor Awareness Week (12th - 18th)
- Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- Great Marianas Smoke Out
- Pancreatic Cancr Awareness Month
- 110/21/2013 Cancer Survivors/ Caregivers Support Group Meeting
- World Aids Day
- 12/19/2013 Cancr Survivors/Cargivers Support Group Meeting
THANK YOU Office of Senator Ray N. Yumul, Office of Representative George N. Camacho, Office of Representative Edmund Villagomez, Office of Representative Antonio Agulto,Office of Representative Ralph N. Yumul, Ericco Enterprises, AYD Services, Ledge Light Technologies, Inc., Marianas Resort and Spa, MP Kennels / Team Exotic, and RR and Associates, Department of Public Works, DPS Traffic Division, DPS Fire Division,Commonwealth Utilities Power Division, JHJ Corporation, Northern Mariana Islands Football Association(NMIFA), Coral Ocean Point, Marianas Pacific Distributors, Inc.(MARPAC), DCCA- Division of Sports and REcreation, Taga, Inc., Ben Babauta & Family for your support in the MMAC 2013.
Great Thanks, Olomwaay and Si Yu'us Ma'ase to our Title Sponsors: Bank of Guam, Delta Air Lines, DFS Saipan, Limited, IP&E, IT&E, Joeten Charitable Foundation, Marianas Variety, Saipan Apparel, Sorensen Media Group, Take Care / FHP for your unending support.
THANK YOU, SI YU'US MA'ASE, AND OLOMWAAY to our 2013 MMAC Major Sponsor's: Trader's Insurance, PHI Pharmacy, Brabu Pharmacy, Hopwood Jr. High School,Hyatt Regency, Mc Donalds of Saipan, DOCOMO Pacific Saipan, Mestisu Palooza, Saipan Mayor's office,Triple J, and Xerox Corporation.
<< Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
Page 1 of 2